Camp Bow Wow - Our Golden Retriever had this "slight rash" when returned to us.
We took our dog to camp Bow Wow in San Antonio, TX Northwest while on vacation. When we returned, we picked him up and the card they gave us which describes his activities noted a "slight rash on his right shoulder." The next day, Saturdary, we took him to the vet first thing in the morning as he persisted in licking and scratching this area. The vet stated that it's a good thing we brought them in when we did as he would have been a "complete mess by Monday." The vet shaved his chest revealing a rash that covered most of his chest (See photo.) Our dog is now on prednisone, antibiotics a prescription skin wash and a topical skin spray. The cost of this was approximately $355 on top of the $513 we paid for his stay at camp Bow Wow. My wife bathes our dog at least once a week, blowdries his hair when done and brushes him daily. He has never had anything like this prior and there's no way in the world that this happened as a result of our caring for him.
Will we be taking him back there when we leave town next time? I think not. Nor would I recommend anyone take their dog to this particular facility.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Dog Boarding
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "Hello...I'm the owner of Big dog kennel I have been in business raising only full reg AKC Rottweilers since 1999 And am in good standing with AKC, they do an..."
- "I had a five month old German Shepherd and I was taking him regularly to Banfield Pet Hospital on 6134 E. Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32807, every time we..."
- "Petco Needham Ma. 7/4/13 Broke my greyhound's leg when grooming her. Total neglect on their part. I never got a straight answer but they claim she jumped out of the..."
- "We bought a brand new house in Luckey Ranch, on US 90 West, San Antonio, Texas. It's been only six months since we moved in. So far, we have..."
- "i ordered a tube of White Diamonds Body Wash and when I received it I suspected it was an imitation. I compared it to the real stuff (see photo), and..."
- "Please save your money and spend it elsewhere. This company is extremely unreliable and unethical. I ordered a custom wig priced at over $500 and the company assured me they..."
- "my break time po ba guadalupe branch? akala ko po 24hrs? ang explain ng guard ngayon lang na cut off resume daw ng 12:30Am pero andun nmn ang teller sa..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."